Your current position£ºHome >>DVD Tips >> Blu ray to iPad/iPad 2 - Rip & Copy Blu ray DVD's to iPad or iPad 2 for watching
Blu ray to iPad/iPad 2 - Rip & Copy Blu ray DVD's to iPad or iPad 2 for watching
Abstract£ºBest Blu ray iPad/iPad 2 ripper - let you rip Blu ray and put Blu ray movies to iPad or iPad 2 with fast ripping speed and lossless output quality.
How to watch Blu ray movies on iPad/iPad 2 without optical drive
This post will walk you through ripping your 1080p Blu-ray discs (the ones you own, of course) and then convert the video into a more manageable file size for watching on your iPad or iPad 2. Probably some buddy would say that the big selling point of Bluray is full HD resolution which cannot be done on the iPad, however, this is not the point. The key here is "convenience", cause after ripping Blu ray to iPad, you could enjoy movie on your iPad or iPad 2 any where and any time, that's impossible to hold a TV and Blu-ray player here and there just for watching Blu-ray HD movies.
In addition, Apple iPad or iPad 2 are part of a device category between a smartphone and a laptop computer. A beautiful high-resolution display makes iPad/iPad 2 perfect for watching any kind of video: from HD movies and TV shows to podcasts and music videos. The iPad supported video formats as below:
H.264 video, up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; Motion JPEG (M-JPEG), up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format
Anyway, if you want to rip your Blu ray and copy to your iPad or iPad 2 for wathching, Let's start this painful process, shall we?
What is you'll need?
- A Windows PC (the Blu-ray ripping process is, at the moment, Mac-unfriendly. I used Windows 7 Beta 64-bit and all the following software is Windows-only)
- A Blu-ray drive (I used OWC's new Mercury Pro multi-interface external)
- A decent understanding of how video codecs and containers work
How Pavtube Blu ray ripper works?
Pavtube Blu ray ripper is a driver that sits in the background, which automatically removes the AACS or BD+ security lock and the region code from any BD disc you load, allowing it to be ripped. The video on most Blu-ray discs is encoded in the MPEG4 AVC format in .m2ts files, so it will need to be transcoded from AVC to something else (like an H.264 MP4 file) for playback on other devices. MPEG4 AVC doesn't have wide support in all of the best video transcoders we alread love, like Handbrake. This makes finding a free and easy transcoding solution a little tougher, but thanksfully Pavtube Blu ray ripping software seems competent.
How to rip Blu ray and convert to iPad-friendly video format?
1.Launch Pavtube Blu ray ripper, Add Blu-ray or DVD movies into this program. Click ¡°DVD Rom¡±, ¡°DVD Folder¡±, or ¡°IFO/ISO¡± icon to load Blu-ray DVD movies.
2. Select subtitle and audio track . Click on the dropdown list of ¡°Subtitle¡± and ¡°Audio¡± respectively to select your needed subtitle and audio track.
3. Select ¡°iPad¡± as output format. Click the pull down menu at the end of ¡°Format¡± to select an output format for iPad/iPad 2. Here I choose ¡°iPad Video MPEG-4 (*.mp4)¡± for instance.
4. Click ¡°Settings¡± button to adjust audio and video parameters You are allowed to adjust codec, aspect ratio, bit rate, frame rate, sample rate and audio channel in the popup window to optimize the output file quality. Following are the recommended settings to get best playback quality.
5. Click ¡°Convert¡± button to start ripping and converting Blu ray to iPad/iPad 2.
After the conversion task finishing, you can play the output file using Quicktime or iTunes. If it is OK, just copy the new files from Blu ray disc to iPad or iPad 2 via iTunes. Done !
Tags : Blu ray to ipad, Blu ray to ipad 2 converter, rip Blu ray to iPad 2, copy Blu ray to iPad